Green tea is the healthiest beverage loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have healthy effects on the body, the tea is also known as dieters tea. It is made from the leaves of Camellia Sinensis. The tea has its roots in China and it is the most consumed drink of the world after water.
Compounds found in it benefits your body and the most important of all is EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate). EGCG green tea compound regulates body weight and enhances metabolic rate.
Green tea fights cancer
The tea can surely aid in cancer treatment as it decreases the growth of cancer in the body. The tea helps in treating breast cancer, lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer and stomach cancer. Drink around 4-5 cups of tea per day. Researchers say that it kills and prevents cancer because of the high levels of polyphenols it contains, but the research is in its initial stage we cannot fully trust it.
Green tea weight loss
The tea is not clinically meant for weight loss but it boosts your metabolism and eventually aids in weight loss. Its effects pick up speed which depends upon the intensity of your exercise. It’s most helpful for obese adults.
Regulates blood pressure & lowers cholesterol level
Green tea, amazingly, is a natural ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitor which helps in lowering blood pressure. ACE is an enzyme secreted by kidneys and green tea prevents the function performed by this enzyme and lowers the blood pressure.
The high level of cholesterol means the high risk of heart stroke and other heart diseases. Consumption of green tea on daily basis results in the reduction of LDL or bad cholesterol and promotes heart health.
It is a cure for stuffy nose, sneezing, watery eyes and other seasonal allergies. The tea is anti-allergic and it actually blocks the cell receptor that is responsible for triggering allergies.
Contains anti-inflammatory properties
Ample amount of catechins is found in tea that reduces interleukin-8 protein which is the cause of inflammation in the body. Have a sip of green tea to soothe inflammation. Catechins in tea also destroy the bacteria and viruses present in the mouth that decay tooth, cause throat infections, and other dental conditions.
Benefits for diabetes
Green tea is believed to be helpful for those who are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. According to studies, the flavanols present in it helps in normalize glucose levels in the blood. Consume a cup of green tea after an hour of every meal you take.
Green Tea Varieties
There are varieties of green tea and they differ based on the factors like growing conditions and the process of withering and oxidation. These types include:
- Matcha – Matcha green tea is also called ‘Japanese green tea‘ as the tea is brewed and served in the Japanese traditional tea ceremony. It is basically the grounded leaves thus most effective.
- Sencha – This variety is most popular and widely available, the most used tea. Its flavor is a little flowery infused with freshness.
- Hojicha – The tea has a mild flavor and pleasant aroma. It is made by roasting Sencha and other types of tea.
- Tencha – This type is mainly used as an ingredient for Matcha.
- Genmaicha – This one is the combination of Sencha and roasted brown rice, 50/50 ratio blend of tea and rice.
- Kabusecha – The flavor is intense, rich and fresh. This one is darker in color, full-bodied and has lower astringency than Sencha.